The Marketing, Public Relations and Strategic Communications Committee shall be responsible for strategic communications and oversight of institutional pursuits that enhance the University of Florida’s stature and reputation while promoting its teaching, research, and service missions in the local, state, national, and international communities. It shall review and recommend to the Board policies affecting communications with institutional audiences including members of the media and alumni while serving as a partner that seeks to align communications strategy with institutional goals and priorities.
The Marketing, Public Relations and Strategic Communications Committee shall make periodic reports to the Board.
THE MARKETING, PUBLIC RELATIONS AND STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE’S RESPONSIBILITIES SHALL INCLUDE:
- Advancing and protecting the University’s reputation and brand.
- Providing high-level input and guidance on the identification of institutional marketing priorities that are audience-based and reflective of institutional objectives and endorsing marketing programs that communicate key messages to priority audiences.
- Reviewing and recommending policies pertaining to public relations, branding, advertising, internal and external communications, news and information, and publications.
- Developing strategies to advance the value and an understanding of the significant contributions of the University to economic and community development.
- Identifying trends and issues that affect the University and higher education in general.
- Positioning the University to respond to these trends and issues in the appropriate context.
- Convening a forum for sharing, networking, and joint opportunities to meet with colleagues, media representatives, and community leaders on topics pertinent to higher education.
Robert G. Stern, Chair
Leonard H. Johnson
Daniel T. O’Keefe
Marsha D. Powers
Anita G. Zucker
UNIVERSITY STAFF LIAISONS:
Vice President for Strategic Communications and Marketing Nancy Paton