The Academic, Faculty and Student Affairs & Experience Committee supports policy and initiatives that enhance university quality and national prominence through the promotion of academic programs of distinction, promotion of university research including student and faculty research opportunities, and support of world class faculty and scholars.
The Academic, Faculty and Student Affairs & Experience Committee supports policy, processes, and programs that impact student, faculty, and external stakeholder experience at the University in admissions, registrar, student financial aid, and Bursar; advising and associated programs, such as Preview; and programs in support of student life and well-being.
The Academic, Faculty and Student Affairs & Experience Committee shall make periodic reports to the Board.
THE ACADEMIC AFFAIRS AND UNIVERSITY EXPERIENCE COMMITTEE SHALL FULFILL ITS GENERAL OVERSIGHT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS FOLLOWS:
- Recommends policies relating to the undergraduate academic experience, residence life and student experience, and the physical and psychological well-being of students.
- Review new degree proposals, program terminations, and other significant program modifications.
- Review recommendations regarding program accreditation and certification.
- Review Admissions recruiting efforts including in-state, out of state, and international students.
- Ensure university assessment of academic programs.
- Review and monitor implementation of Board recommendations.
- Maintain liaison with Facilities and Capital Investments Committee.
- Maintain liaison with Finance, Strategic Planning and Performance Metrics Committee.
Jason J. Rosenberg, Chair
David L. Brandon
Leonard H. Johnson
Thomas G. Kuntz
Michael C. Murphy
Ray G. Thomas
UNIVERSITY STAFF LIAISONS:
Provost and Senior Vice President Joseph Glover
Vice President for Student Affairs D'Andra Mull