Morteza “Mori” Hosseini
Mori Hosseini is the Chairman and CEO of ICI Homes, one of Florida’s largest residential homebuilder/developers. Born in Iran, Mr. Hosseini was primarily educated in London, England, where he received a degree in Aeronautical Engineering from Chelsea College of Aeronautical Engineering. He then attended Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University where he received both a Bachelor of Science Degree in Aeronautical Studies and Master of Business Administration.
Mr. Hosseini founded ICI Homes in 1980. Consistently ranked by Builder Magazine among the nation's Top 100 homebuilders, ICI Homes has built thousands of homes and created some of the largest master development communities in Florida, markets including the counties of Volusia (corporate office headquarters), Flagler, St. Johns, Duval, Nassau, Seminole, Orange, Osceola, Brevard and Alachua.
Hosseini serves on several corporate, civic and public boards and associations. His affiliations include the following:
- Board of Trustees – University of Florida
- Board Member – Enterprise Florida, Inc.
- Board of Directors – International Speedway Corporation
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Chairman of the Board – Allstar Building Materials
- Chairman of the Board – Southern Title Family of Companies
- Former Chairman and Board Member – Board of Governors of the State University System of Florida
- Former Chairman and Board Member – Halifax Health Medical Center
- Former Chairman and Board Member – Pinnacle Bank
- Former Member – Board of Advisors – Hearthstone Path of Growth – CalPERS
- Former Member – The Florida Council of 100, Inc.
Recognized for his countless professional, industry, civic and personal contributions to the community and the nation, many honors have been bestowed upon Mr. Hosseini, including:
- 2015 Herbert M. Davidson Memorial Award for Outstanding Community Service – Community Foundation of Volusia & Flagler
- 2014 and 2006 Builder of the Year, ICI Homes – Northeast Florida Builders Association
- 2013 Doctorate of Humane Letters, Honorary Degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- 2011 BUILDER Magazine’s “Hearthstone Humanitarian Award”
- 2010 Glenn and Connie Ritchey Community Service Award – Council on Aging
- 2010 (5) Proclamations: “Mori & Forough Hosseini Day” by Volusia County Council,
- Volusia County School Board, City of Daytona Beach, City of Ormond Beach, City of Port Orange, Florida 2009 Spirit of Hope Award – Habitat for Humanity
- 2007 Home Builders Association – Inducted into the Hall of Fame
- 2007 Opening and Dedication: “The Mori Hosseini Center”– Daytona State College
- 2006 Ellis Island Medal of Honor − Entered into the United States Congressional Record
- 2006 Lou Fuchs Award − Daytona Beach/Halifax Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2002 Dedication: “ICI Center”– Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- 2002 Declaration: June 6, 2002 as “Mori Hosseini Day” – Volusia County Council
- 2001 Community Leadership Award – City of Daytona Beach
- 2001 Salvation Army Leadership Award
- 1998, 1999, 2000, 2006 Recognition Award – Habitat for Humanity
- 1998 Builder of the Year– Volusia Homebuilders Association
- 1997 Enterprise Award – Daytona Beach/Halifax Area Chamber of Commerce
- 1994 Entrepreneur of the Year, Construction and Real Estate Industry – Ernst & Young/Merrill Lynch Florida
Hosseini, his wife and three daughters are longtime residents of Ormond Beach, Florida.
Gubernational Appointment - Term expires 01/06/21